Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Customer Service Calls Don't Work

HAPPY HOUR

That's what PartyLite calls the hour of your day when you make customer service calls.

TELEMARKETING

That's all it really is. Clients don't like it when we interrupt them. They don't want to hear from us when they're working, driving, eating, drinking, playing, shopping, or putting the kids to bed. There's no real way of knowing what they are doing at any time of the day, so really, there's never a good time to call them.

So, after attending a leader luncheon this afternoon, and discussing whether or not customer service calls are valuable, I've decided they are quite simply a waste of my time. I have enough to do every day putting in orders, cleaning and preparing my kit, stamping catalogues and forms, and training my team.

Sending out Candle Connection is all I need to do to keep in touch. When my clients are ready for more candles or if they want to book a party, they have my number, and they can call me. Or they can email me.

This frees my time up for even more of the things I want to do everyday. That's the best part about my business... I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. Think I'll go play the geetar.

No comments:

Post a Comment